08 December 2006

The Secret Birthday Message


Oops.....sorry for the delay in updating. My mimi was very busy on friday and saturday, hence no time to blog. I did go for my last lesson on friday. The class size for that day was a total of 7 including me. Adam was the newbie who came for a trial while Crystal came for her usual lesson.

Mimi has short memory, thus she can only write up on the limited details that she remembers liao.

We had an interesting story time on friday as the book used was "The Secret Birthday Message". This story introduce a lot of different shapes that slowly lead to a secret message to wish the little boy a happy birthday.

After story, we moved on to the magic box moment. Hmm......it wasn't too difficult to guess what was inside, wasn't it??? Make a guess......Yup, it was a cake. How can a birthday goes without a cake, rite?? Tat sure reminds me of the upcoming log cake, yum yum......

Anyway it wasn't anyone birthday on tat day, juz to go in line with the theme of the story. We had chance to prepare colorful icing syrup to spread on top of our cake. However, I chose none to drip on top of my cake cos my mimi gonna finish up the cake eventually and she doesn't like icing. What a spoil sport!!! :p

After snack was craft. As we were being introduced to different shapes earlier in the story, we did a simple craft work by stamping different shapes on our paper. Though it was easy to do, I still got myself into a mess cos I didn't wait for the paint to dry and eagerly smudged the shape that was just stamped on it.

Our 2nd craft was easier than the 1st piece. It was that simple origami. We all did a folded doggie with a stick for us to hold. We then used that doggie to do a series of dance to end the program.

5-days of program juz ended like this with friday lesson being the 'messiest' cos every tots were running about, not paying attention and Adam being the first time, screamed thru the lesson. Teacher Hanna must be having a hard time handling. :)

My mimi enjoys Eric Carle's stories more than Dr Seuss but she prefer Dr Seuss's lesson better than Eric Carle. Well, wat does it got to do with her???? I should be the one enjoying it then it's the most important thing rite?? Hahaha, my heart is with Dr Seuss's program too!! (Maybe I prefer Teacher Sheila lah)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...