08 December 2006

Bonding Time with Papa

Hubby always feedback to me saying I'm the 1st choice and he's 2nd cos Wenzel always choose me to carry her whenever I'm around. Well, really beyond my means of controlling this little gal to choose him over me. I always ask him to spend more time (as much as what I had spent) with our little gal especially he could stay at home more than I could as his working hours permits him to do so, and try to cut down his addiction on PS and watching animes.

I noe he do feel jealous at times as our naughty gal always tricks him into carrying her and not even 5 seconds, wanting to come back to me.

After heeding my advice, he has now conquer some place in Wenzel's heart. She will ask for him whenever daddy not around, want him to sit together with her around her table, look for him to carry her gazing out of the windows and touch the stars at our gate, now with her newfound interest playing on my lappie, she will always look for daddy whenever she wants to type on the keyboard cos she noes that only daddy will allow her to do so and mummy will not tolerate this.

Hubby is showing lotsa improvement in upholding the role of a father and hb lately. He has always been a good hubby doing his part of housechores and helps cleaning up the house. However, he added on to help me folding the laundry when he saw me tired catching a sleep, tidy up the house when there's a need, take initiative to play with Wenzel when I'm alone with her in the living room. There should not be any complaints about this good hubby as I also need to be contented and grateful for what I already have.
One day after feeding Wenzel, he stopped all his gaming and came out to accompany me and Wenzel. He played with the little gal making her so happy. Daddy has slowly win over this little gal's heart and I asked my 老的 when I saw him carrying her in front of me:

ME: See, ur effort has paid off. Ur gal allows u to carry liao.
HB: She always allow me to carry her whenever u not around wat.
ME: But I'm around now leh.
HB: After all I'm her 1st choice when come to bringing her touch the stars at our gate.

Wah seh, yaya papaya leh!! But in fact, I was feeling very happy to see that bonding between father and daughter is taking off very well. This type of bonding is very very important bcos I attended a parenting workshop organised by FYCS when Wenzel was only few months old and I was informed that gal usually take father as their role model as father is their FIRST MAN in their life. This will have an impact on their choice of husband in future too. Ya, I noe I'm thinking toooo FAR liao but it's good to build up the foundation, isn't it??? It's really heart-warming seeing the two important people in my life staying happy and healthy (most importantly).

If you couldn't discipline your child well now, what makes you think that you can do it better when she grow up?? So, now I'm gearing towards discipline direction slowly........I hope I wouldn't need to use any 'Supernanny' tricks to make my gal a well-behave child.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your hubby is improving in his responsibilities. Happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thanks!! Hope this kind of situation will continue. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...