31 December 2006

My Very First Chinese Wedding


I went for my cousin's wedding banquet at Grand Hyatt earlier. I was prettily dressed up for the event as this is my very first cheena wedding. Mummy was actually very worried more than excited cos she dunno how I will behave there. Though everyone in the house went for the wedding invitation, she will still be at her wits end if I choose to tekan her there. How to handle a super-duper active kid rite??? Ya, u can say that she's at my expense, hiak hiak hiak..... :)

But nah, I was well-behaved thru-out the lunch. I guai guai played with the bowl, chopsticks, spoon, plate, cup, wedding favors...........Luckily it was a lunch reception instead of dinner. Wah, my cousin looks so beautiful. I believe all brides look gorgeous and at their best on that day (at least to the bridegroom).

She's really my cousin according to the chinese type of status cos my mimi is her auntie though their age is almost the same loh with 2, 3 years different niah. I enjoyed my time there as I was busy clapping away during the march-in moments. Clapping hands is what I'm best in wat!! :p

But the yum-seng was really noisy to be endured. I shouted for them to quiet down but those fellas ignored me man. The last toast was the noisiest and in fact I was a little frightened by that long yelling of YUM........Yum.......YUm.......YuM........ Needless to say, I got carried up from my seat by mimi once I told her '怕 怕' loh :)

The adults were happily tucking away with the usual boring cold dish, sharks' fin and blah blah while I got to eat my yummy porridge with a bit of addition from the adults' boring food.

I dozed off shortly after photo-taking. I really noe how to choose timing. Mummy had to carry me and finished her lunch till the last course. Aiya, she wouldn't mind wan lah cos she's a glutton mah, kekeke.....

*sigh* What a pity!!! Heard that the green-tea pudding dessert was fantastic. Mummy nearly went for a second round but daddy kept tahan-ing saying 'keep fat in check', wahahaha........

4 comments:

  1. You look so sweet in your pink dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunty JO loves ur pink dress. Girl is still the best, can doll up like princess. So good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe....thanks for ur compliments!! Dun wori, u can also dress JD up like a PRINCE. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...