07 December 2006

Hmm.......It's PANCAKES!!

It was raining early in the morning and everyone was late for school including me. Well, not too late though. I have a new classmate today. Her name is Laura. Her grandma was with her when I first stepped into the classroom. Her maid came in shortly after I went in and took over the accompanying job. Her grandma still stayed in the room jaga-ing her granddaughter, actually was to jaga the maid cos she was being heard lecturing the maid in class almost every moment. Mummy told me not to be too pokey and pay attention to Teacher Hanna.

First came the 'hello song', then it's the usual invitation of the 'SUN song', 'Marching song', Head Shoulder Knees and Toes song and finally the 'Cuddling of the Baby Song' to sooth the children down.

Story time is next on the list. We had pancakes not only for snack but story-time too!! Yes, absolutely true. This is another story by Eric Carle titled Pancakes, Pancakes. Inside this story illustrates the making process of pancakes by a hungry little boy named Jack. First we need flour, then go to the cow to take milk, to the mother hen to fetch some eggs, pan-fry and eat it. Yum......

Teacher Hanna brought her magic box out and she allowed each of us to take a peep into the box and guess the item inside. Everyday item is something related to the story. Justin kor-kor forever gives the answer 'LION' whenever teacher Hanna asked him what was inside the box and everyone laughs. I damn smart, I juz kept quiet and let mummy answered so that I could boo at her if she got it wrong, wahahaha :)

So what was inside actually??? It was a packet of FLOUR. Ya, the flour that we needed for the coming up event. What was tat??? Of course it was Pancake making. There teacher Hanna demonstrate the mixing of the flour with milk and egg with opportunity for us to touch and feel the texture of flour followed by mixing up the batter.
Then it must be serving of piping hot pancakes for every children after pan-frying???? Nah, u bet. Yes, it's true tat we got pancakes for our snack time but it was 'Coldcakes' from Uncle Ronald MacDonalds cos it was a bit cold by the time we ate it. Okie okie I noe....mummy already asked me not to complain too much as we should be gaining some form of experience during lesson time, juz like I have learnt how to say the word 'pancake' during the making process. :p

So what did we do for our craft today???? We did up this piece of rooster.

Today's craft only involves some pasting and coloring skills, thus I din get into a mess like yesterday.

Does my rooster look nice???? Though it was quite a simple piece of work, it wasn't colored by me actually. Mummy did most of the job. What I did was simply coloring the outside area of the rooster rather than focusing on tat chic.

Why is tat so??? I am one disobedient kid today as I simply dun wanna listen to instructions loh.

What's more??? I am so clingy to mummy today, always ask to be carried...

The next craft work was interesting (to my mummy). It resembles making of our own playdoh. What teacher Hanna did was to mix flour with water only and we had our chance to mix the dough with our bare hands.

This craft was worse than the doing of the rooster. Before I could have any hands-on the dough, I told mummy 'Eeeee' and refused to even touch it. Hahahaha, hopefully mummy could catch my hint so that next time she wun ask me to do any cooking or baking, hiak hiak hiak......

Bo bian, mummy has to roll it and pat it for me loh. She even sang the 'Pat-a-cake' song for me and I juz dun wanna set an eye on it. Anything oso wun do miracle to change my mindset lah. :)
We were each given some of the dough back to play at the end of the dough-play. Look at tat lump of sticky dough, don't they look yucky??? I better get some sleep before I have the energy to resist if mummy in collaboration with ah ma force me to play with it later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...