05 December 2006

Bad Bad Mummy

The known problem of Wen is her refusal to drink milk. It has been lidat since she was as young as 3 months plus. Now at 19 months, she is still drinking 120ml per feed with 50ml returning back to you most of the time.

She asked me for food juz now at 9.50pm and being a very bad mum who doesn't want to cook at that hour, I asked her to take milk instead. Of course she dun wanna drink milk. I was thinking "I have juz fed her alphabet macoroni at 8.45pm, she shouldn't be feeling hungry so fast". I dun care and go ahead with making her 120ml of milk. She threw tantrums once she saw the milk bottle and kept signing eat to me. Of course I felt bad but what to do, my lazy genes were pulling me back from going to the kitchen to prepare food. She drank the milk reluctantly as I played some nice video for her. She gave me back 70ml of milk and refused to suck in anymore.

Suddenly a light bulb lighted up, I came up with an idea......I quickly finished my packet of cold milk and poured in her milk, brought it to the living room to catch her attention, she saw it and was eager to try, I let her drink from the straw and she drank. I was grinning inside my heart cos my trick actually works!! :)

I continued to pretend drinking then let her drink and the process repeated till she finished all..I wouldn't say I am smart to think of this idea but I juz couldn't understand why she can finish from the packet form and not from bottle?? Maybe she wanna drink from cup instead as what my mum says. It could be out of curiosity too cos I noe my gal is always seeking for new adventure!!

2 comments:

  1. At that hour, don't expect me to cook too. Lol. But she takes solid so I think less milk is ok. Don't blame yourselflah, I'm liddat too :)

    Perhaps you can try to use sippy cup on her for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thks for the advice and ur reassurance. :)

    Actually have tried several ways of making her finish up her milk till I give up.

    I'm immune to tat kind of feeling already after her consecutive refusal of milk for sooo many months. I prefer feeding her solid more than milk ever since she was 4 months. She hardly drink milk nowadays only in the morning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...