05 December 2006

The Grouchy Ladybug


As I was the only person who reached the school, I got to play with the building blocks and puzzles there all by myself. But it wasn't fun at all playing alone. Soooo........I wandered about ;)

Then I found a tamborine and began playing with it. Soon my classmates had arrived one after another and lesson started. We did our welcome song and series of rhythm and movements as usual, followed by story-telling.
I had a 1.5 hours full of ladybugs. I think this word must have repeated so much so that it has drilled right into my brain. Initially, I thot is a bee and told mummy 'Bee'.

The Grouchy Ladybug is one interesting story by Eric Carle. This story is about a grouchy ladybug who is unhappy about almost everything and do not even wanna share things with other bugs, the impact of its ordeal and how it change and turn into a happy and graceful ladybug in the end.

Well, the bottomline should be telling children to have good sharing, be contented and not forgetting our 'please', 'thank you' and 'sorry'. :)

We went off to do our craft, which was 'ladybird' too!! First we coloured the body black, fix up the wings, painted the wings red, followed by sticking the black dots on the wings then pasting the feelers. I got my fingers all covered with red paint. However, I was rather co-operative to do the painting with mummy holding on to my tiny hand.

There were so much fun during craft time, at least can keep my mummy 'fully occupied' to look out whether I will put the crayons into my mouth, wiping stained fingers onto my baju, getting my whole hands messy with paint......There are so many things to look out for especially if I choose to be a little bit naughty and disobedient on that day, hiak hiak hiak. :)

Snack time is always best with grrreat snacks. Yum.....my all time fave gerber puffs, kaola and alphabet biscuits.

We got to play a so-called treasure hunt game to look-out and bring back red and yellow ladybugs then paste them onto the leave. All children went crazy looking for bugs, I was more interested in red bugs than yellow.

What did I get for magic box time??? Hmm....Teacher Hanna gave us each 2 ladybird-shaped chocolates. Aren't they lovely?? But I noe it will end up in mummy's tummy later.

Another exciting moment was the bubbles-blowing session. Teacher Hanna loves to blow bubbles in the dark with only one dim light on while Teacher Sheila loves blowing with lights on.

Soon 1.5 hours of lesson has ended and I learnt the word ladybug and know that it has 2 colours, red and black.

3 comments:

  1. Just curious, what is an enrichment class? Can't say I've heard of it at my place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My definition of enrichment class is "It's something additional for children to do in their free time and mummy dun have to come out with activities to keep their child occupied." hahaha :)

    Juz want to expose Wenzel to more things that I couldn't think of and things that she couldn't do at home esp the craft work. After she is able to go for regular lesson like nursery and kindergarten, I will stop the enrichment pgm.

    I'm not a kiasu mum but also dun wish her to learn nothing much at home. At least if she dun absorb as much there, I'd want her to interact with other children cos she's the only one at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi immonsdaughter,

    Enrichment class here for toddlers can be in the form of baby gym, speech and drama class like Julia Gabriel and music lesson like kindermusik.

    All these pgms are not teaching tots to be musician, gymnastics next time or noe how to play instruments but the learning they provide will enhance, evolve and have an impact on better language skills, literacy, listening, problem solving, social skills, self-esteem, and musicality in their future.

    Hope my explanation is clear to you.

    You may wanna check some of their website below:
    www.zoo-phonics.com.sg
    www.juliagabriel.com
    www.kindermusik.com.sg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...