14 August 2006

Better watch what u SAY n DO!!!

We never know what is the next thing a child is going to pick up from us - parents, grandparents or caregiver. That day, when I was looking after Wen during weekend as it was my mum's off day from taking care of her, Wen suddenly showed me or rather complaint to me tat she was beaten. She acted out the action by beating her own hand then followed by saying out 'ma ma ' means 'scold scold'. I was stunned at that moment and guilt filled up all my heart. I tried recalling how many times did I beat her hand and it was only ONCE.

She has super-memory to remember it??? I dunno but she kept repeating tat action and I realised tat she wasn't referring to me. She was referring to 'ah ma ma ma'. So it was ah ma who scold scold and beat beat her hand. Later when I double-checked with my mum the next day, she told me she did scold and beat Wen's hand a few times cos she was naughty and touched all the 'forbidden things' and did all the undesirable actions. But to be on the bright side, I wun hv to worry sooo much next time when she goes to school cos she is now capable of displaying a typical Singaporean's behavior ----- Complain n Complain, hahaha :)

Juz last few days, she was fidgetting so badly when I was carrying her and I gave her a very stern warning, held her tightly and gave a pat on her little butt. She became quiet immediately and said 'ma ma'. I think she must have remembered the incident where she was beaten by her daddy on her butt. From there, I can conclude she has a super memory.

And then on many other days, Wen said something she has picked up from TV. Most of the time, I couldn't help but wanted to have a good laugh when I heard or saw those expressions and funny actions coming out from her. I find them extremely amusing though certain things I regard them as undesirable. But controlling my laughter is probably as difficult as getting Wen to unlearn them. So now, we just have to be mindful of our language, our action, our behaviour, and it can get kind of tiring to set a good example too!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...