04 September 2006

Interesting Names

Ever since I know how to say "na na" (meaning banana) with the sign of it @14 mths, I kept going around signing banana and saying na na whenever I see a bunch of it hanging in granny's or mummy's kitchen.
I particularly like 'this breed' of banana called the 40-days banana aka baby-banana cos it's meant for baby to eat n it take 40 days to be ripened. If it is this type one, I can gulp down TWO of it. But then hor, it's very difficult to get it leh. Ah ma oni managed to buy it twice at the fruit stall opposite our house, then I think they stop taking in this type of banana liao. The fruit seller cooked up a story to bluff ah ma leh.

As this 40-days banana is from our neighbouring country, Malaysia, the seller told ah ma M'sia met with some natural disaster and all the 40-days banana trees were destroyed in the process, Wahahaha :) Not tat I bad heart laughing at the natural disaster but hor I always watch news neber mention got typhoon or anything like tat leh???!!? Though it's oni 30 minutes drive to JB from our house, we can't possibly drive-in everytime juz to get bananas!!!

So one day, by chance ah ma and gong gong went marketing at the wet market at Bangkit Road, 20 minutes walk from our house, there were plenty of this type of bananas, somemore very fresh ah....hmmm.....Yum Yum!! My doting gong-gong dun mind the hassle of walking 20 minutes to Bangkit juz to get fresh 40-days bananas for me to makan everytime I mention the word 'na na' or whenever he drop by our house.

I got repay gong gong's kindness leh, I know how to call the names of my immediate family members (mama, papa, ah ma, nai nai, ye ye, kor kor, gu gu) except refused to call him "gong-gong" but instead address him as "na na", heh heh :)

So everytime when whoever asks me to call 'gong-gong' I'll call "na na"........Ya, this is how I repay his kindness :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...