27 September 2007

A Touching Truth!!

For both my pregnancies, my FL went to the temple secretly to pray for the well-being of both mother and child. He told my ML that my tummy was so big that he see liao he's afraid. It's really touching to hear this when my ML told me. He even went back to temple to thank the god after I have successfully delivered. I really appreciate FL's gesture for doing such a thing.

Actually, they din ask for more grandchildren nor stress the importance of gender which most of my friends faced. In fact, they dun mind juz having Wenz as their only grandchild. It was however our decision to give Wenz a sibling cos I feel 2 is good. He told my ML 2 is enuf, asking me not to give birth liao cos to my FL, child labour is a thin line between life-and-death.

I was greatly affected by the news of my colleague passed away when I received a call from my good fren at work on the day I was discharged from the hospital. This news is too sudden for me to stomach and accept. I am still thinking of it and couldn't believe it till now. I rmb seeing her b4 going on leave. Two of my colleagues came to visit me yesterday and I tried to get some info on the cause of her death. She died due to AMNIOTIC FLUID EMBOLISM.

"A rare but frequently fatal complication of labor, this condition occurs when amniotic fluid embolizes from the amniotic sac and through the veins of the uterus and into the circulatory system of the mother. The fetal cells present in the fluid then block or clog the pulmonary artery, resulting in heart attack. This complication can also happen during pregnancy, but usually occurs in the presence of strong contractions."

Her doctor managed to save the baby thru emergency c-sect but the adult turned purple within 2 minutes when the amniotic fluid leaked into her bloodstream. I was devastated hearing this and feel so sorry for her elder daughter who is so attached to mummy. I couldn't imagine her life without mummy for this poor little gal.

It's really a blessing that both my pregnancies was smooth and safe, and I can still blog healthily right now. This news has definitely shaken me and make me cherish what I have now. I really hope the family of the deceased can be strong and tide over this difficult period of time.

3 comments:

  1. my heart pains for the little girl and little baby who lose their mummy... very very sad :( we are so fortunate to have delivered safely, very pregnancy and delivery is indeed a miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my... this is indeed a very devastating news... I'm so sorry to hear this... please send my deepest condolences to the family on my behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BW & BY's mummy,

    Yes, I agree with u fully that every life brought into this world is a miracle. My mum always says child labour is god's will. Only god has the control of everything. Perhaps it is really fated for my colleague to meet such mishap.

    Hi Pauline, thanks! Keep her in ur prayer and hope for the best for her family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...