18 September 2007

Birth Story of Denzel

I was admitted to the hospital in the afternoon around 1.00pm. I waited for HB to return with necessary documents, my bag and of course my hard-boiled egg (refer to previous post to see why).

Below is a recall of Denzel's Arrival:

1.00pm Admission to delivery Suite
1.25pm HB reached and ate my egg
1.45pm Gynae came to rupture the membrane = break the waterbag *cervix already 6cm dilated* I asked for pain relief, at least pethidine on my thigh but gynae said she think I wun need any. YES.... I went on w/o any form of pain relief. I'm not a HERO or SUPERMUM, dun think too highly of me, I'm just an obedient patient. :)
2.00pm Mild contraction set in
2.45pm Contractions continue to torture me and experiencing very very bad backache
3.15pm Nurse allowed me to walk due to bad backache (they should hv done so earlier cos I went to clear my bladder and contractions became more and more intense. Must be the urine that is causing obstruction)
4.00pm Went back on lying position cos I could feel labour coming soon
4.10pm Called nurse in and boy was 8cm dilated with the strong urge to push
As my previous labour experience also quite fast, the gynae came in shortly after the nurse verified my condition.

I only remembered after 3 very hard cum super hard pushes and Denzel was out. I have really clean forgotten about the 'push tactic' that I learnt 2 years back during the antenatal class. It should be a swift continuous 3X pushes to make up 1 push and I was taking my own sweet time to push the 1st round, that was why causing so much pain. I was better off the 2nd round. Though the baby's head was out after the 3rd round of pushes, his shoulder was stucked and i gotto make the 4th attempt in my 3rd round of push to force him out. What a close!! Phew!!

Gynae kept telling me my 2nd labour was faster as the whole labour process only took about almost 3 hours but I feel that 1st labour wasn't as painful as this tme round. Of course lah, Denzel is bigger than Wenzel mah, so definitely will be more difficult to come out.

Denzel's weight is 3.66kg while Wenzel weighs 3.15kg, a diff of 0.5kg.
Denzel's length is 51 cm while Wenzel measures 50 cm.
Denzel's head is 34 cm while Wenzel's head 33 cm.

See....big head, big size plus longer, tat's y i feel more pain loh. I told myself NO MORE 3rd time. It's really a lot of hard work but I know everything is worth it when I see little one staying warmly in my arms. Ooooh.....so sweet!! Will be back with photos updatez.......

9 comments:

  1. Irene,

    Congratulation!Can't wait to see Denzel's photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! Denzel is a big and strong boy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bryan and Rachel's mum, thks thks!! Will try to upload fotos when I get home. :)

    Hi BW and BY's mummy, Thks for the well-wishes. Ya, Denz is a strong boy cos he started moving his arm up and down shortly aft he came out while the nurse is cleaning him up. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! have a good rest and hope my delivery will be as smooth as yours..:)

    post some pic soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. So sudden, ya? Glad your labour went smoothly and happy confinement :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Happened to read ur blog and saw Good News

    Congratulations!

    Do rest well and take care ah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hayden's mum: Thks!! Dun wori, ur labour will be a smooth one too.

    lazyg3r: Thks Judy!!

    immomsdaughter: Thks! I dun think I like confinement leh but no choice, gotto face it no matter wat. :)

    ally & ab momo: Thks!

    B@bYh|r0Sh|: Thks Irene!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...