17 September 2007

The Fateful Day

Today is suppose to be my check up at the clinic before I pop, so hb and I go for the appointment early in the morning. Mum thot we went out for breakfast and Wenz actually knew we went out cos mum told us Wenz said "Papa goes to work" when she heard hb close the door. :)

I was still joking with hb on our way to the bus-stop telling him Denzel wun come out today cos everyone in the family has "even number" for lunar birthdate. Upon reaching the clinic, my abdominal was strapped to monitor contractions and fetal heartbeat. After the CTG monitoring, 2 contractions were monitored and gynae checked on my cervix and she was shocked and I was shocked as well. She told me I was 3-4cm dilated and the membrane may rupture any moment. She refused to let me go home as I asked her if I could come back tmr cos there really wasn't any symptoms. HB oso couldn't believe, let alone me!!! The usual pain, cramps and 'contractions' I felt in the past few weeks was still there with nothing more intense than that. I was so accustomed to that kind of pain for weeks till i dunno I was actually contracting already. Gynae advice me to have a good breakfast at coffeebean in Mt E cos I couldn't walk too much and too far while HB go home get impt stuff.

Chey....coffeebean where got nice??? Was thinking of going to Takashimaya for Chicken rice after check-up and buy some bread home from Crystal Jade Bakery. However, the way the gynae said was quite scary so I decided not to go too far but I still insist on eating rice as I noe I will have to fight a hard battle later on. I settled lunch alone at Lucky Plaza and walked back to the hospital, sat at the lobby hoping I could wait for HB to return as I dun wanna to be admitted that early as well. I have 2 taboos to observe for child delivery....my own belief. 1st taboo is before delivery must eat 1 hard-boiled egg and drink a cup of hot milo (Mum's theory is 'yang sheng' water - ginseng water) for strength and fast labour. 2nd taboo is do not let anyone know u r going to give birth cos the more ppl knows the longer baby will take to come out. In fact my friends called me while I was at the lobby but I didn't tell them I was going for labour soon.

After 30 minutes of waiting at lobby, I decided to check on the admission procedure with the counter and it was much much simpler than I thot. Simply dun need anything and I was directed to the delivery suite after checking.......there my torture journey begins......(",)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...