09 June 2007

STRESS level at its PEAK

I dunno what has got into Wenz recently. She has been rejecting food, even her all-time fave cereal in the morning and yummy porridge in the afternoon. Is this part of the Terrible 2 package??? I really dunno. Everytime I ask her if she wanna eat, she will shake her head vigorously and express she don't want. Won't she feel hungry at all??

These few days even I had successfully 'forced' down (I noe it's not right to do that) her usual morning cereal at 10.30am, she will skip her lunch TOTALLY and her next meal will be like 8pm to 9pm. But still she dun wanna eat willingly as before. Some form of forcing and threatening was still needed to make sure she eat a little bit. The portion was far too small than before, from one bowl to 1/3 of it. I'm at wits end already. Have tried all sort of method like playing her fave cd on tv, baiting her with her fave snacks etc.... still she's not eating. HELP!!! Who can help to explain all these that was happening to me right now???

Nowadays, whenever comes to feeding time, my mum and me will be very very stressed up. I'm worried about her nutrition level and was very very afraid she might have gastric problem if she continues not to eat. How can her appetite change so drastically overnight??? Aiyo......I'm still clueless to solve this situation. Any kind soul out there has any good suggestion can drop me a solution please???

9 comments:

  1. I never encounter such strange appetite problem before but I think you can offer finger food for lunch then a heavier meal for dinner. Maybe Wenzel isn't hungry. Don't worry too much, children won't possibly starve themselves if they are really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with happy mum that kids will not starve themselves. Feeding is my all-time stressful topic. About 60% of the time, feeding Malc usually turn into a war. -_-"

    I read from one forum that mommies shared their experiences in this topic. Some mommies will take away the food if their kid won't eat, say by 15 mins' time. Then the kid will have to wait till the next meal time, prolly a snack/tea-time. Apply this method for all meals. The mommies said usually within days, the kids will get the idea and will start eating again.

    Personally I will coax Malc to eat/finish his meals. But to a point I really feel stressed up, I will stop the session. Dun eat, dun eat lor! Hmpf! And I will make sure no sweets, no crackers and watsoever for him till the next meal time.

    Has Wenzel been snacking a lot lately?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm....She might be testing your patience. Try not feeding her if she really don't want to eat and wait for the next meal.

    If u are really worried then offer some light healthy snack like bread, buns, fruits or whatsoever 2 hr shortly after she missed her meal.

    Hope all this help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to monitor if she has lost her appetite due to teething or sickness since you did tell me that she is not well these few days.

    Toddlers at this age also tend to behave this way and moreover their growth is not as fast as during their first year so they might not be eating as much as that. Just make sure she isn't restless and cranky, if not feed her something, but need not to be the usual stuff.

    Don't be so stressed up esp you are expecting the 2nd one right now. Take care and hope you are feeling better already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gwen is picky and previously she was refusing to eat whatever was on the dining table. One day, we were out and ordered Fishball noodle soup. She saw fishball and asked for it. After that, I would include fishballs in her porridge / rice(lunch & dinner). And after the "new" addition, she will always finish up one big bowl!!

    Maybe there is one particular food Wenz desires which U and aunty have yet to discover??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about as clueless as the same thing happen to Hayden recently. He simply keep all the food in his mouth and just suck away the water and split out the food. I later switch to feed him just porrige with his favourite fishball & beancurd and it gets better. But I think it is probably a phase for them...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HappyMum: Wenz is skipping 1 meal rite now and we will try to increase her finger food so as to ensure she wun starve.

    lazyg3r: She dun snack usually cos I disallow and my mum oso din give her any snacks. I guess I really have to work out a plan as u mentioned to send the msg across to her.

    Von: Thanks for the suggestion. Will try all method as long as she dun starve and have any gastric prob next time.

    JO: Initially tot her appetite was affected by illness but these few days I monitor dun seem like it leh. Maybe juz like Von said she's testing my patience. Hmph!!

    GGbabes: Aiyo...I have yet to find out the must-include food for Wenz leh. Even her fave raisins she oso dun want to have it every meal. Guess Wenz easily bored type.;)

    Little Ho: Thanks!! I really hope it's just a phase and stop worrying us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not alone lah. Trenyce has been doing the same lately. Dont worry, if kids are hungry they will tell you. Dont stress yourself. It will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WokkingMum: Thanks for comforting me. I'm really in the no-mood-to-feed-her type of feeling recently. Seeing her eat is so heartache, machiam like must plead and beg putting myself so lowly in order to make her eat juz abit. Hopefully this phase will go away real soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...