25 June 2007

First Day of School

Today is Wenz' 1st day of school. The long awaited moment has finally came. Luckily hubby was off for the day and he could actually bring her to school and fetch her back for the first 3 days.

My mum suggested not to go in with her to the classroom right from the start cos to make her more independent. I was so worried she couldn't get used to school life. My worries were redundant. Hubby told me over the phone, this little gal 'bo hiew' him once she got into the classroom. She found herself a seat and played with the toys on the table. She din even turn her head back to look at ah ma or hubby when the lesson started.

When hubby and mum went to fetch her, she told them jie-jie cried. Mum thot she cried and asked teacher but teacher complimented that Wenz is very good cos no crying. They saw a gal crying upon seeing her ah ma. Guess Wenz was referring to this gal.

I was actually feeling quite happy that she's adapting well to the new change. Of course she loves going school cos each toddler was given something at the end of the day. I think I saw jelly in the fridge when I got home. As this is only the first day, shall monitor her for another few more days before I could really feel relieved. I was feeling quite sad I couldn't witness and send her for school on her 1st day. I requested hubby to take some photos so that I could figure out the whole scenario but only the above 3 photos were taken niah. *sigh* I wouldn't say disappointment only it's too few. Anyway it's courtesy from hubby. 3 photos is still better than none. :)

I spoke to Wenz juz before she slept asking her about school and suddenly she stood up on her mattress and 'performed' a new dance which I have never taught her before. She was laughing while dancing away, shaking her little butt with both hands on the waist. Her action really made us laughed. Guess she must have learnt it from school. Well, at least she did learn something from there and it was only her first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...