11 June 2007

How's Junior Doing??

Went for my routine check today and every thing's fine with junior but not me. My condition has gotten better but not for the cough. Aiyo....coughing non-stop day and night, I nearly coughed my whole lungs out. I was so worried my condition might affect junior inside and even went to see GP last week. The medication obviously din take any effect on the super-duper strong virus inside me. Luckily gynae assured me junior is alright. There again she commented junior's growth is above average on the chart. Hmm.....big baby to expect huh??? ^o^

I spent my 12 days at home doing nothing spectacular but to spend some quality time with my darling princess. Her appetite hasn't return to normal and I really appreciate all friends who has gave their suggestions.

She was all along resist to changes esp towards food and didn't take in solid food well. She dun like BREAD at all but these 2 days she surprised me by asking for bread and she really ate it, not the whole thing though but at least 1/4 of it.

Her routine has changed since she started rejecting food.

Before
8.30am 200ml milk
10.30am 1 bowl of cereal
1.30pm 1 big bowl of porridge
2.30pm NAP
5.30pm 200ml milk
7.30pm 1 big bowl of porridge
10.00pm 200ml milk

After
8.30am 160ml milk
12.00pm 1 bowl of cereal
2.30pm 160ml milk
3.00pm NAP
5.30pm 80ml milk
9.30pm 1 small bowl of porridge
10.30pm 160ml milk

Her nap and intake has decreased as shown. I really really hope it's just a passing phase and not permanent. I tried giving her new food but still she dun show any interest in EATING at all.

Even while feeding her porridge nowadays is a challenge. WHY??? We have to do multiple things with her to distract her like letting her do craft, drawing or coloring while we feed her. Her interest only last for a meal so we couldn't use back the same method for the next meal.

I also noticed she is an egoistic toddler cos she refused to say she wants to eat even though she is hungry, but she will sit on her usual place for makan and I noe she wanna eat. See, so young already got so much pride in her, next time dunno how??? @_@

4 comments:

  1. hello Irene, I know feeding to a picky eater can be exasperating... cos I witness how a friend of mine having the exact same worries as you towards her 3 yr-old daughter last year. While I can't offer you much sound advice, but I've read in baby centre addressing this issue, here're the links hopefully it'll be handy/useful in your dealing with your darling... ;)

    http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/toddler/toddlerfeeding/9199.html#1

    http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/toddler/toddlerfeeding/9203.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pauline, thanks for the link. :)

    Hopefully Wenz will not grow up to be as picky as now or it will be a a real challenge to prepare her meal in future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a picky eater at home and I think I might going to have another one :(

    I wouldnt encourage you to distract her while feeding her. It will get worst. The next thing you will be runnung after her with her rice bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps toddlers at this age behave this way. But not all toddlers are like that. Why must I be the unlucky one?? :(

    I oso noe it's not a good thing to distract her but one good thing is whenever during mealtime, she will be 'confined' to her highchair so not likely for her to run about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...