18 June 2007

Princess Updatez

The occasional stay at my dad's house has slowly 'fine-tuned' Wenz' sleeping habit. I noticed these few days at my dad's place, she woke up earlier and nap time oso earlier, which is good.

Her appetite for solid food din return to normal apparently but that doesn't bother me anymore cos one good thing was she's surviving on MILK. She drank more now to replace her meal. Well, if she really doesn't wanna eat, then leave it loh. Wait till she's interested to eat then I will definitely feed her. I wouldn't want to see myself begging her around. I also bot a bottle of multivitamin from my family clinic to supplement her nutrition. Luckily only 1/2 a teaspoon every morning cos feeding such thing is also a challenge!! :p

Talking about her sleeping habit, something funny happened. As I always have a problem making Wenz take her nap, so I wasn't confident to make her nap on the first day at dad's place. She woke up 8.30am in the morning and I thot it'd be nice if she could nap earlier like 1pm, following the childcare system. Thus, I brought her into mum's room and lie down on the bed together with her, I hum and sang songs and she asked for milk. I fed her milk and hum some lullabies again and I could see her eyes like closing oredi and her milk oso finishing. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and BINGO!!! She was fast asleep. It was a breeeze man.....Hahahaha...what a 'great accomplishment' I thot as I always imagine myself singing to my children, making them sleep way before stepping into motherhood and now dreams like come true!! Silly huh??

I used the same tactics for the few days stay over at dad's place. It works but on the last day while I was humming, trying to fool this clever chic, Wenz told me, she said: "mimi, dun sing"!! Hahaha, I was smart but she is cleverer. It's not that she dun enjoy listening but she knew all these humming and singing were meant to 'drug' her. Hohoho..... smart isn't she??

I noticed in this month of June, she has picked up to speak more in sentences. I was elated. There was once she told her papa to open the door in full sentence and hubby was shocked to realise his princess has grown up. Suddenly, I feel that we can communicate more and more and she understand me more and more too!! Perhaps she's learning the art of speaking right now and she even speaks in her sleep. I think I heard her saying "mimi, remove my socks" yesterday night with her eyes closed. :)

Now singing and chatting is a must before naptime and bedtime and I really enjoy every conversation with her. I realised I still enjoy watching her sleep. The feeling was as if watching her when she was still a newborn. I always enjoy watching her sleep and now I even enjoy making her sleep. This is so heart-warming!!

However, the long holidays and stay-at-home with her has also made her more and more manja towards me. I lurve it but I'm afraid it'll be hard on her when didi comes cos I'm afraid I might not be able to exercise the same amount of time and attention on both. Well, guess I gotta learn when time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...