30 June 2006

Signing Really Works!!!!

Just some thots to share.....

After sooo many months of viewing "Videos on signing", finally see some results from Wen. She can sign 'dog' together with the sound 'woof' 'woof', sometimes saying out the word. There was once she saw a little boy wearing a 'Hush Puppies' t-shirt and she signed dog plus 'woof' 'woof', when I turned to my back, there I saw the dog printed on the shirt then I realised Wen's referring to the Hush Puppies. Hehe :p

Another instance, she will sign 'no more' or 'finished' whenever her fave Hi-5 program has ended. Amazingly she pronounced the words 'no more' accurately. There are a lot more signs she can do, like eat, food, diaper change, milk, more, shoe, hat, cat, baby, sleep etc....

Talking about 'milk' and 'eat', something funny happened these few days..... Why I said funny cos Wen has been asking for food and milk these few days, I mean signing for it. This is strange cos she dun really likes milk. There was this night where she signed 'eat' @7pm then I fed her porridge and she finshed every single grain of it with a 'hmm...delicious' look on her face. At 8pm, she signed 'milk'. I told her not to joke but she did the sign repeatedly so off I went to make milk for her. And YES, she finished the whole bottle. She asked for 'milk' again at 9pm, I was thinking: Oh dun bluff lah, u sure u wanna drink??? In order to satisfy my curiousity, I made another bottle for her and YES, all finished again!! Juz before bedtime at around 10.15pm, she signed 'eat'. I told her there was nothing to eat at this hour so I offered her the alternative of milk, then she switched the sign to 'milk'. Bo bian, I made another feed of milk for her. This time round she slept before finishing it but tat's okay, juz find her strange in behaviour.

When Dennis saw his little monster signing 'milk' the next day, he commented: the video not bad huh!!! At least we know what she wants and we can interact better with her at times :) Wonder is Wen excited too cos she actually noes we understand her needs and wants, and she can communicate with us better now. I think this must be the reason she kept signing 'eat' and 'milk' cos she may oso feel overwhelm by our response in satisfying her needs and she lurves watching our reactions, tat's why she kept signing for the same thing. I guess babies luv repetition too!!!

2 comments:

  1. ooooh that's fantastic!!!! can tell me where u get the signing video ah? I got the book but I think it'll be easier for my son to watch the video than me teaching him...teehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi aunty Pauline, u got mail!!! Mummy has juz fwd u the email where she bot the dvds......Next time I can sign with Tim di-di :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...