22 June 2006

First Library Visit

Mummy brought me to the library earlier with ah ma. Ah ma very farny, she said she has been staying with us for the past one year plus and she dun even noe there's a library here :p

Mummy lagi funny cos she has been around Bukit Panjang for 5 years, of course she noe there is a library but the funniest part is she hasn't make a step into it all these years. In fact she hasn't been to the library for almost 10 years liao. Guess she dislikes books ba!!! If not for me, she wouldn't have visited the library. How to set good example and inculcate reading habit in me if she dun bring me there, hehehe :)

When I first stepped into the library, I was sooo happy. Not reading, not looking for books but me busy running about, bumping onto other ppl and 'reorganising' the books on shelves. Mummy has a good time chasing after me.....hahahaha......But mummy dun mind lah cos when I picked up a book on the floor at the children's section, I brought it over to mummy and uttered the word 'BOOK'. Of course, mummy happy to noe tat my databrain has one more vocab added.

Ah ma managed to subdue me at last or else how mummy going to choose books for me.....

Any book for me to read anot???


Yeah....got one liao. See, machiam like understand


Aiyo, too heavy to hold lah....better put it down


看什麼看!! 不可以休息一下下啊???


Ok lah ok lah, I go return book back to its shelf.

After finished choosing the books to be borrowed, one malu incident took place. As mummy has not been to library for years, the old system would have changed, all she know is only need I/C to borrow book but how to or where to she doesn't know at all and worse still, she dun even noe how many books a person can borrow!!?! So mummy went to the customer service counter for some enqueries......from there then she noe tat now got promotion so each person is allowed to borrow 8 books. Wah alot hor??? Din noe library oso got promotion :)

After which, the counter officer told mummy tat the borrowing procedure is like normal procedure. To her is normal but to my sua gu mummy of course not normal lah......so mummy has no choice but to confess to her tat she hasn't been to library for years and blah blah blah..........the officer appeared to be shocked. Everything is computerised and simplified liao. Mummy slotted in her i/c into the reader as instructed by the screen but there it read "verification needed", so mummy went back to the counter and another officer helped mummy to check and tell her tat first of all she need to be a registered member. Her facial expression is indescribable but is something tat made mummy feel paiseh loh.

When about time to leave, I refused to let go one book no matter they use any method oso buay jalan ah. In the end have to resort to force loh.......mummy so gangster wan.

About to leave the plaza......we walked past OSIM booth and the promoter jie-jie liked me alot, kept playing with me and let me try the real i-gallop. I enjoyed the ride too (dunno mummy catch the hint anot)!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...