24 November 2006

Ten Apples Up On Top

Ten apples up on top???? We shouldn't be playing with food, isn't it??? Mummy has been teaching me this all these while and now the book is saying we can carry 10 apples on our head!! Ah ma and mummy pls dun scold me if u see me with my 'every morning must-eat apple' on my head next time hor. :)

Well, this "Ten Apples Up On Top" is another great story by Dr Seuss. There were 2 books in the classroom, one by Dr. Seuss and another by Theo, LeSieg. Hmm....actually was written by the same person. Seuss is a pen name, likewise for Theo, Lesieg. The person who wrote all these interesting stories is Theodor Seuss Geisel. Seuss was actually his mother's maiden name and the "Dr." in his pen name is an acknowledgment of his father's unfulfilled hopes that Seuss would earn a doctorate at Oxford. What about Theo, LeSieg??? LeSieg is actually the backwards spelling for Geisel. Okay, enuf for the explanation, juz in case some might think there are 2 authors for this story. :p

Being the first few to reach the school, I got plenty of time to explore all I want there. Teacher Sheila placed some chalks for us to draw instead of the markers. I was still a blunder....draw on the carpet instead of the black paper. Btw, you wun be seeing more photos cos the management disallow photo-taking during lesson time. I think must be some 'secrecy act' lah. In tat case oso good loh, cos my dear mummy then can pay 100% attention on me mah, kekekeke :)

The lesson started off by telling story. First goes the dog with 10 apples, followed by the lion with 10 apples and the tiger with 10 apples..........then every animal with 10 apples in the end. I only pay attention to the first few minutes as usual, after which I was there roaming about liao.

I think the purpose of this story is to learn counting as the story goes 1 apple, 2 apples, 3 apples and so on.......We were given one green apple and 1 red apple to see, feel and smell. I was simply not interested cos ah ma always give me cold apple whenever my gums are itchy, to trick me during mealtimes and as my snack so apple can't really capture my attention. This must be the reason for today's unattentiveness loh.

After the exploration of apples, we went off doing our craft. This time round was to paint the dog with our finger. We were told to do spots for the doggie. Mummy held my tiny index finger and dipped into the brown paint, then dot onto the doggie's body, ears, paws, tail etc... The final bit was to paste the whiskers onto the doggie's mouth. Today's craft is simple. I finished it in split seconds. :)

Does my doggie look good????

Everybody was busy cleaning their hands including the mummies, maids, grandma and sisters who came in for the lesson after the craft time. Guess something big must be coming right up!!!
Oh it was snack time. We got to prepare 'APPLE SALAD' for snack. Hmm....yummy!!! Each of us was given a plastic knife, plate and some apples to cut. There I was cutting the apples with the kpo of mummy. After cutting, everyone poured in their cut apple and teacher Sheila placed some raisins in as well. I had the chance to squeeze some thousand island dressing with teacher Sheila holding onto the bottle then my fair share of stirring and mixing the salad in the big bowl. I din eat alot of the salad though but took some honey stars instead. It was really fun to
messget involved in the preparation of salad. I can help out for mummy's parties next time. :)

Another fun activity after snack was to gather apples outside the classroom and bring them back and stick on top of the dog, lion and tiger's heads to make ten apples on top of each head.

Later part of the activity was a little messy and noisy cos Louis kor-kor kept crying, followed by Aloysius kor-kor. 1 cried, 2 cried and not long after I oso cried. I told u before I couldn't see people cry mah, once I saw I'll follow too!! Today oso like tat, after seeing them cry I oso cry loh. But teacher was smart enuf to calm everyone down.

The lesson ended with singing my fave 'going to the park' song. Time flies, tmr will be my last lesson liao. Shall tell u more more more tmr ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...