25 November 2006

The Foot Book

My foot, your foot, his foot, her foot, long foot, short foot, big foot, small foot, tricky foot, furly foot and blah blah blah is what I heard in my lesson today.

Needless to mention, teacher sheila told us the story on FOOT called The Foot Book by Dr Seuss today.

The lesson started off with only 3 students - Isabelle, Crystal and me cos the rest were caught in the heavy rain. Wah all girls leh, maybe gals more punctual loh. Justin joined in the mid of story-telling.

Nicholas came just in time for craft. Wow, we did a caterpillar hand puppet during craft time. There we learnt about this creepy fella has many legs. First we drew the legs, followed by painting the body green. How can we miss out the eyes??? We pasted the eyes on it so tat it can see, then stick the mouth to it so tat it can eat. The mouth piece has got my name written on it, so does tat mean I was being eaten??? :)

How does my caterpillar look?? Mummy said look more like a snake....Ssss!! (If it look more like a snake, then must be mummy's skill no good loh, wahahaha :p)

After yummy snack time was some drawing activity. We were told to trace our foot on paper and color it. I have got green and blue feet. Look at my masterpiece!! You must be wondering why didn't I have my toes trace on it??? I was wearing socks mah, kekekeke.....This is the best I can do right now, me think I'll get better in coloring if I practice more :)
It was some mix n match game after foot-tracing. This time round also involved foot. The game requires us to pick the pool of feet in the center and match with the correct location. If u pick a duck foot then must match with the duck foot corner.

Below are some pics taken before start of lesson:

What did I learn in this holiday program??? *pondering*

1) Good sitting during story-telling time (which I did for the most 5 minutes, hmm....I noe, I still got lotsa room for improvement on this area)

2) Interesting craft lesson (which I had already done very well with 95% participation)

3) Good sitting for snack time (which I was doing extremely well. I dun eat much though but was showing improvement in self-feeding during and after lessons at home)

4) Listening to instructions (Not bad I think, I was doing well on the area whereby when I was told to return back the items given compared to lessons at Kindyroo)

5) Awareness of new words (more and more vocab starts to make sense to me and I can pronouce them well now)

6) Good sharing among peers (well, can see some improvement gradually compared to day 1 there)
Day 1 - will push and beat whoever got in my way (but the teacher said is alright cos action comes 1st before words as I still couldn't fully express myself. This problem will go off eventually after I know how to communicate fully (*mummy is hoping for this day to come*)

Day 2 - got in a small snatching with Nicholas kor kor (he box me, I box him back loh)

Day 3 - was rather well-behaved and got beaten by Nicholas kor kor out of no reason and surprisingly I dun cry nor retalliate (mummy said I met my match finally, she's hoping I will change after having the taste of being beaten)

Day 4 - true enuf, I dun beat people anymore

Day 5 - i went round hugging my classmates cos we will do a big hug with teacher sheila after every lesson and my classmates were all taken aback by my action, even mummy oso loh. Why?? I cannot be a lovely angel meh???? :)

Mummy is very pleased with this program as she feels that the idea of having 'live' music is better compared to having play music using cd player. Sheila will play the tunes on her keyboard as per situation. Everyday sequence is different. She noes what kind of music to play to gain our attention back especially if the class is becoming more cranky and noiser.

Most importantly, mummy still couldn't understand why I got sooo tired everytime after lesson. I'll doze off halfway thru our journey home without fail and my nap time can last for 2-3hrs. Lazy bum, no wonder mummy says good lah, hmph.... :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...