16 April 2007

A Decision to Make

Ever since I know I am pregnant with No. 2, it is inevitable for me to worry ponder over a few pending issues. The most crucial one will be who will look after Wenzel if junior comes along?? My mum is getting on age and it'll be too tedious for her to handle 2 (sekali junior also very active like jie-jie) at the same time. Thus the question to choose between engaging a domestic helper or sending this gal to childcare is still undecided.

My heart definitely goes to sending her to childcare. In fact, I have called a few centers to check out the details. However, decision will still be made after viewing the place. I have seriously considered the pros and cons between the 2 options and I personally find that sending her to CC is more hassle-free. My only worry now is her adaptabilty skill in CC without us around.

In order to make her a stronger gal, I've work out a plan for her. I've checked out the nearby playgroup and have decided to send her for lessons starting next term in late June. This will be a 2-hr lesson in the afternoon from Monday to friday without her caregiver or me around to assist, to provide comfort and to protect her. Luckily the school allows 3 days for parent or caregiver to be around during lesson time.

I'll definitely go in to see what's happening for at least 1 day and analyse the suitabilty of the school for my gal. I'm not too concern with curriculum as my main intention is to let her expose to the harsh world outside without us around to protect her so that she can be more independent.

I have brought her along when I went for enquiries and her eyes were glued on all the jie-jies and kor-kors in the classroom. When I asked her if she wanna go school, she answered me "Yes". Glad that she's displaying a positive attitude before even going to school (my part of wishing). My mum is quite positive about the school too as Wenzel will be joining the existing class but bcos the term has already started, the teacher advised us to sign up for the next term. All the children has already past the 'crying state' thus Wenz wun be influenced and cry along too. *finger crossed* :)

5 comments:

  1. Are you sending your gal to Senja Playgroup? Isn't Wenzel too young to join?

    I remembered sending my 2 JI at 3 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not referring to the montessorie one cos my main concern is getting her ready for childcare. Senja too far for my mum to send so she'll be gg to PG near my hse, only within 5 mins walking distance.

    In fact the teacher told me she prefer children ard 3 yrs old, so Wenz will be the youngest among all. I'm actually so worried she might get bully and dunno how to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, children can learn to adapt fast. I think it's good to let her have the opportunity to mingle and make friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I intend to send Malc to attend a playschool when he turns 18mo. But the thought of him bullied by the older kids made me thinking twice. But who knows, he might be the bully. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thks immomsdaughter for ur encouragement. I really hope she can adapt well there and make a few frens.

    Hi Judy, actually I used to think this way too cos tat time she still very garang. But my current Wenzel has been tamed by us till she's more feminine and I'm afraid she dunno how to beat back if she got punched, hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...