23 August 2007

Junior got a NAME

Today is my scheduled date for check up at the clinic but I went alone as hubby needs to work originally. However he is unwell so has taken a day of medical leave, still I went alone for the check-up as he is too weak to accompany me there.

I have lotsa things to settle today. First I waited for the StemCord agent to appear in the clinic as both hubby and I have decided to store junior's cord blood with them. The agent discussed the details of cord blood banking with me, waited for me to finish my routine check-up and done up the registration portion for me.

Today's check up is a fast one since my next round will be another detailed one with the CTG to monitor my contractions. Baby is healthy and is weighing 2.9kg now. Wow.....I think baby will hit 3.5kg when I pop. The thot of it made me scared. Dunno got strength and stamina to push bo??

During the scan, the doctor asked me how I was feeling and the same usual stuff.......then she popped out this question suddenly.....

Dr Kek: Have u got a name for baby? (while she's performing the scanning on my tummy)
ME: So is the gender confirm? (sounds kind of stupid to ask but dunno wat to ask at that point of time)
Dr Kek: See the 2 SCROTUMS?? It can't be wrong to be a boy. (Dr smiling while pointing to the screen)
ME: I was blushing.....but still I did not tell her baby's name as she did not prob further.

Hubby and I dun mind whichever gender actually but heard a case from a colleague recently that her gynae confirmed gender to be boy during scanning and the gynae was so confirm all along but baby turned out to be a gal after delivery and it was her 1st pregnancy. She has bought all boy boy stuffs and even got a boy name for her baby. Friends and relatives who visited her at the hospital also bought boy boy things for her. She din re-buy any pinkie stuffs though but gotto re-name her baby as she can't possibly give her newborn baby gal a boyish name.

The english naming is hubby's responsibility as usual. It was a breeze to him this time round. You must be wondering why right?? In my 1st pregnancy, we actually chose not to know the gender and we prepared 2 sets of names, one for gal and another one for boy. Lotsa our friends and relatives dun believe we really dunno the gender after the detailed scan at 5th month and thot we dun wanna tell. Though the gender was kept in suspense (even I, myself oso dunno), baby's godpa as well as my hubby have already dreamt of the gender is a gal then. At around 32 weeks of the detailed scan, we actually could see her clitoris so clearly before us on the screen and we knew right away we could use the gal's name and put the boy's name on hold.

Now it's time to bring out the name for usage. We have decided to name junior DENZEL. I made a suggestion to hubby asking him to consider Hansel or Hanzel instead but he still prefer Denzel as got the same initial 'D' as his name mah. Well, Denzel's Chinese name will be released upon his birth then. Meanwhile, junior will be called Denzel. (",)

I left the clinic to do up the pre-admission procedures with the hospital registration site. Glad that every task is completed and I can go off for my shopping.

I'm getting excited as my due date draws near. I'll pop Denzel out in less than a month's time but I haven't pack my bag and haven't look thru the list of things that I would need. Think I'd have to do all these when I get home today as I hate last minute hiccups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...