20 April 2008

HFMD??

I received a call from Wenz' school on Wed (16/04) for the first time and of course it was something bad. I was informed that this gal has develop slight fever and needed to be sent home for recuperation cos her school actually suspected Wenz has kena HFMD. OMG! I was dead worried after receiving this call and called mum to make necessary arrangement for someone to go fetch Wenz home. She was alright in the morning and has passed thru her initial check before allowing to enter class but last did I expect such a thing to happen. *sigh*

Hubby brought her to the nearby clinic and GP has confirmed Wenz was having slight fever but her fever and other symptoms has got nothing to do with HFMD. Felt really relieved upon hearing this when hubby called me back. However, her fever developed into high fever the next morning when I went over to check on her. She asked me to stay with her and lie besides her which I did so as not to disappoint this little gal. Shortly after, she vomited and all I could say was "Atrocious". The vomittous was really a lot. It was a great deal cleaning up the mess and changing everything.

I have decided to take urgent leave and bring her to the doctor again as vomiting is also one of the symptoms in HFMD. Luckily doctor reaffirmed it is not HFMD. Wenz did not attend school on Friday as fever has not subsided fully. Still I'm not letting Wenz go to school tmr even though she is like 85% recovered as it is better to be safe than to be sorry. Sufficient rest for the gal is the most important in determining her 101% recovery. Moreover there are 2 HFMD cases in her school. She is merely unlucky to have caught the fever virus. Hopefully her immune system will get stronger after this ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...