31 July 2007

Poor Cranky Wenz

Wenz has been cranky since yesterday evening. It all started off yesterday morning. Actually she was in a very good mood after bathing but she was scolded and beaten on her hand by her papa. I was too late to stop all this from happening. *sigh*

I could see she was holding back her tears thru-out the whole scolding but ultimately burst out into loud yell and cries. I hug her tightly and gave her reassurance. It was really painful seeing her crying cos I think she din noe why she was being scolded. On the other hand, hubby was angry over her itchy hand touching his precious music cd that was on the floor. Despite asking her to stop touching, her hand were seen on the cd. To my assumption, I guess she wanted to take the cd and pass to her papa but her papa of course blew off his top after seeing her being so disobedient. Worst still, she could have spoil the cd if she accidentally scratches it.

I'm not blaming hubby for Wenz' crankiness but to spoil the gal's day right in the morning is bad. She hasn't settled down from the incident and ye-ye came to bring her to school. Our initial plan was to bring her to school together then go off for my check-up but seeing hubby so angry, I doubt he has the mood to do so.

I felt so bad for not being able to pacify and explain to Wenz thoroughly before letting her go to school. This incident also spoil my mood and I think hubby also dun feel happy cos we actually asked him to control his temper and dun beat the gal when he was taking his breakfast. Hubby of course unhappy as he feels that if we spare the rod, we will spoil the kid. I do agree with this statement but I'm not asking him to stop disciplining the kid but merely dun use force as I see that Wenz has the tendency to beat us back nowadays. Where did she learn all this from??? From us parents, isn't it??? Thus I have stop using corporal punishment on her but a different approach ever since I notice this.

After my detailed scan, I slow-talk with hubby again over the incident. He still think he wasn't in the wrong doing that. I'm not saying he's wrong but wanted him to control a bit before laying his fingers on Wenz. He said he was brought up this way and nothing is wrong. Aiya...he juz couldn't see my point. You can smack but that's provided the kid understand why she was being smacked, isn't it??? If not, she will be super-不甘愿 wat. Which kid likes to be smacked??? I'm sure there isn't any one child who enjoys this.

When we came back after my check-up, mum told me Wenz took the 'head' that was found in the mega bloks container that I have bot for her last few weeks and said "beat mimi"....."beat papa". See!!! 我是冤枉的 okay!! It sounded kinda farny though I dun feel good after hearing this cos she always takes that head and kiss at it. I noe this gal well, if she really noe it's her wrong-doings, she wouldn't have behave this way. Seems like my assumption is correct, she doesn't noe where she has done wrong.

Anyway she has been super cranky since then and even beat me for nothing after she woke up from her late nap in the evening. Then I ignored her, pretending not to friend her. She was so 'sway' that she clamped her toes and got 2 toes injured while closing the door. Her poor toes bled a bit and I managed to pacify her using all my means at the end of the day. We have decided not to let her attend school the next day cos sekali other children step onto her toes, it will be disastrous.

However, she didn't sleep well the whole night and fell sick this morning. She kept crying in her sleep and fell from her bed this morning. She simply refused to drink and eat the whole morning and fell asleep on the sofa till 11 plus. I managed to coax her finished her honey water then fed her some cereal. I brought her to see doctor after that and it was confirm that she has high fever - 39 degrees celcius!!

Oh my god.....look at the medicine she has to take. One bottle already got problem feeding, let alone 5 bottles. This time round I asked for spoon instead of syringe cos I'm determine to bring her fever down. I was given 2 types of fever medicine with a routine to follow. Hopefully after one dose, I dun have to feed the super-strong fever medicine liao. I took some ointment from GP as well for her toes injury.

I couldn't help thinking of yesterday incident cos it started off with the bashing and scolding, then toes injury, followed by falling down from bed and lastly fell ill. I know it got nothing to do with yesterday thingy but we have bring her luck down early in the morning. My heart still ache when i think of her crying expression. There's a saying in Chinese "家和萬事興". I personally believe if there's no conflicts and quarreling in the house, the family will prosper and happiness will follow.

2 comments:

  1. awww... it must have been a traumatic experience for little Wenz... here's a BIG HUGGGZZZZ for little Wenzel... hope you get well soon... aunty sayang you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks aunty Pauline!! Hopefully mimi wun run out of idea to get the syrup down my throat. :O

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...