07 October 2006

Happy Mooncake Day aka Lantern Festival


On this Special Day, we went Chinese Garden to see the 'moon fairy' - Chang Er. Of course have to bring my lantern too.......

The bus was exceptionally packed than usual, probably all heading for the same place. True enuf, the pathway leading to the garden was full of people. Everywhere was 'people mountain people sea'!! This was not the worse, the queue outside the ticketing office was damn long....long enuf to form a 'human dragon' liao loh. Somemore got a lot of cheapo people cut queue buying tickets loh!! One good thing is those who cut queue was not local, at least not so 'throw face' for Singaporean like me. :)

The adults have to end up carrying lantern for me cos I was more interested in the surrounding lighted-up big lanterns and the different shapes of lamps hanging along the path.

This year theme is based on ''Seven Wonders". However it's not the 7-Wonders of the Ancient World, more like 7-Travel Wonders for tourists cos dun have 'The Hanging Gardens of Babylon', 'The Statue of Zeus of Olympia', 'The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus' etc and only saw The Great Pyramids of Giza, Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal n blah blah blah.....

Mummy said the lantern exhibition has scaled down quite a lot compared to 2 years back when it was a disney theme. But it was still a great experience for children.

We din take a lot of photos since most likely will include other people heads in it too!! Moreover, it was difficult to pose down there as mummy, ah ma n daddy already had a hard time catching hold of me, keeping me still and making me calm. :)

Gong-gong didn't wanna go cos he is not a party animal like mummy mah and he dislikes crowded places anyway. But the real reason is he wanna watch the last episode for 9pm drama on Channel 8 lah....Buay steady, rather watch TV than to see me dancing in open space :p

We didn't stay too long as well cos I became unhappy soon after mummy dun allow me to run about, afraid I might fall into the long kang if couldn't catch hold of me in time, thus strapped me up in my push-chair. That slow tortoise for sure cannot keep up to my pace lah, me think she need to keep fat in check liao. :p

The moon was indeed very round but I din see Chang Er leh!! Maybe she was busy eating mooncake lah.....

Wish everyone reading this a Hazy MoonCake Festival n your life will be as round as a moon too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...