16 October 2006

Row Row Row Your Boat

Hmm....it was good to go back school after a week break. Yesterday theme was on Sensory Integration (SI) and treasure bag was BOAT, Yippee......I like!! Did I mention before "row row row your boat" is my current fave song??? Yes, it's my fave rite now. Mummy will sing it everytime I'm cranky or misbehave, it will at least help me quiet down for a short while. :)

Aunty Brenda will start off the lesson explaining the purpose of the theme and how to go about exposing us to it as usual. Well, SI is the involvement of all senses thru perception and learning. Too cheam for you??? Nvm, let me simplied it for you. It simply means letting ur child expose to as many things as you could and create opportunities for more voluntary movements.

So mummy, next time if I play wif my food, spilling the water from my drinking bottle all over the table
purposely, climbing up and down table n chairs, throwing toys around the house and jumping down from the sofa, you cannot scold me leh. I'm merely learning from concepts to form perceptions. :)

It was really good to be able to see my friends, Grace, Alexcia and Ben Wei there once again n catch up with them. Aunty Sandra commented tat I was very independent but then hor, they dunno how headache it was to my mummy cos I was 'over-independent' and wanted my ways all the time. Mummy, tat got to blame on my name liao loh, Wenzel means home-loving and independent mah!!! I love u and I want my way too!! :p

Mummy brought my teether for the treasure bag time cos tat's the only boat in our house and of course I can recognise it once I saw aunty Brenda took it out from the treasure bag bin. Not only tat, I pop it right into my mouth straight after I got it. This is my one and only time I recognise my own stuff, heh heh :)

After which, we got to explore the function of a boat. Me think I was more interested in splishing and splashing the water all over the mat and onto my other playmates' faces as well as getting myself wet, hahahaha!!!

How I wish I can go right into the tub too :p

During the lesson proper, I wandered about everywhere, paiseh paiseh, me got 'sharp buttock, cannot sit still wan leh' and not wanting to return the items given to me as usual.

This time round, mummy was smarter, she quickly carried me away from the mat area once lesson has finished cos afraid of repeated history -- hmm...ya, crying out loud for the parachute.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wenzel's Mummy,

    Just wondering whcih enrichment class you sent your baby girl to???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jx diaries,

    Wenzel went KindyRoo at Turf City. U may wanna check it out at their website www.kindyroo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...