17 October 2007

Denzel's Full Month

I'm one month old today. According to the traditional custom, I have to bid goodbye to my lovely hair.


Ooooo.....Mummy save me......


Oh no, my hair.......


It's pointless putting up any struggling. *sigh* I better be guai guai else my hair....


The finale

Do I look like Recruit Pek? :)

Heng ah, not entirely botak cos ah ma asked shifu to keep 5mm long of hair for me so that I wun look so ugly for my party on Sat. :)

Mummy wanna do hairbrush and umbilical cord stamp for me cos jie-jie also did last time. The shifu required 2 eggs to say some goody goody things like to be filial and blah blah after the shave.

What is this uncle doing on top of my head?

Ok lah, do what u want ba!

kena choke-slam by papa....Hmm....guess he watch too much wrestling liao, kekeke :)

According to ah ma's theory, today is a very important day cos got 3 important things to do. First is to look for an auspicious thing like wedding, then a preggie to touch or carry me and last of all a funeral wake.

How do I look in mummy's gown?

It's difficult to coincide my full month date with wedding so mummy took out her ROM dress (also consider lah :p) then out we went to the shopping mall to look for preggie. Just happen there was a funeral wake nearby jie-jie's school and so off we went.

Ye-ye, nai-nai, gu-gu, Uncle Kelvin and Benedict kor-kor came to our house in the evening for dinner as well as sending me their well-wishes. Dinner is the usual man-yue foodie like fried noodles, glutinous rice, the red kueh, red eggs and ah ma also prepare a few dishes to add along.

I slept till night also didn't wake up cos was too tired running about in the afternoon looking for all those 3 things.

Once I woke up, I was crying unstoppable for milk making every adult busy tending to me, kakaka :)

Jie-jie was busy playing with Ben kor-kor. I'm looking forward to my party on coming Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. Denzel, congrats on turning 1mth old.

    Denzel mummy, err, I quite sotong with the traditional customs, but I am curious, why must look for a wedding, preggie and funeral wake? Mind if I ask, what do they symbolize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Missy M,

    My mum says after doing all 3 will be 百無禁忌 means not pantang cos some children will cry whenever go wedding, walk past wake or being carried by preggie after their full month, some even till very old also dun dare to funeral wake due to pantang. Well, tat's wat my mum says and since it's not diff to fulfill so i obliged for both my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY FULL MONTH DENZEL!!! ;) that's a new milestone... and aunty pauline is waiting to see many more new milestones of yours... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the explanation! At least now I am not so blur :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. 在網上跳來跳去,就跳到你這兒來了!
    恭喜!恭喜!
    還請問,剃頭的意義是什麽?

    ReplyDelete
  6. mamabliss: Thanks aunty Pauline. I'm sure Joyce jie-jie also have many more milestones to complete like me :)

    missy m: You r welcome.

    奶媽:謝謝你跳到我的部落各。剃頭是我們家所有寶寶滿月必做之事。這是一種習俗而且剃下來的初髮可留做記念做為毛筆。

    As the hair was grown in the womb, it is said to be dirty. It is believed by shaving can wash away bad karma and give the newborn good karma and a better life than their previous life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...