24 March 2007

Back To The 80's

I got tagged by IMMomsDaughter.

Here's how the meme works:

Go to PopCulture site.
Pick the year you turn 18 years old.
Get yourself nostalgic over the songs that year.
Write something about how those songs afffected you.
Pass it on to five more friends.

1. Macarena - Los Del Rio
2. Un-Break My Heart - Toni Braxton
3. Killing Me Softly - Fugees
4. Be My Lover - La Bouche - A must-play song in the disco that particular year.
5. Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion - This pop diva was a hit then.

The songs listed above has no particular fairy-tale story behind nor any influence in my personal life.
No.1-3 are the songs that were sung by a Filipino live band ALMOST EVERY NITE when I was working in a pub. That explains why I could remeber it so clearly. My lifestyle when I was 18 years old was so involved with full-time study and part-time work in the pub to earn my own fees. The songs I were exposed to were mostly from the place I worked in or those super-duper popular ones like song No.5.

Hmm.....so now, I shall pass the tag on:

1. Kylie's Mum - I tagged u again!! (",)
2. GGBabes's Mum - We are of the same age hor??? (In fact I'm younger leh, kekeke)
3. Momoko (Josh's mum) - Wanna noe u better :)
4. Ally and Bryan's mum - I think u have a liking for music :p
5. Guan Yuan's Mum - Virgin tag for u

13 comments:

  1. Oh my GOM... 18 years old, thats 11 years ago!! Hey, Im just few months "younger" than U okie... We went Primary School at the same age.. U din attend Primary School in only August ba huh??! :P

    ~ GGbabes' Momi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay okay, but few months older still considered older leh. Even though u dun have to reveal our age mah. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on..... Im proud of being a 1978. Good number.... Hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah piang!!! Say it out some more *haiz.......shake head* @_@

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahhaha .. Don't fight !!! I'm the youngest :P
    Really missed our school days in sec one & two (" ,)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for doing this dear, you are MUCH younger than me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mami said she will do it when she is free ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was looking at the songs you listed, I was thinking you must be a lot more younger than me and it is like 7 years leh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welzel & GGbabes momi,

    Both of u soooo funny leh...fight here har..hee :P

    Well..we got somethings in common..our age same wow..hee :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. my lil venture: no prob woman. My pleasure to pass on the tag. :)

    wokking mum: 7 years different?? Wow, u sure look younger than ur actual age. (owe me a cup of coffee, kekeke) But seriously, u dun look like ur age :)

    ab mama: Wow so coincident.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL BPP got Starbucks right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha....u cmg to BPP to gimme a treat ah??? Thks huh, make u come all the way to my place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...