18 November 2007

Stubborn Ox

Many of my friends asked if I really would stop at 2? My answer is definite YES. If financially able, I'll still stop at 2. The few hours of labour pain and risk in the delivery suite is nothing to be afraid of compared to PARENTING. Parenting is just a word but yet complex and difficult to uphold the task. It's a lifetime commitment and responsibility. I'm not afraid of being responsible and committed, I'm scared I might not be able to do it well.

My little missy is as stubborn as an ox. *sigh* Does it got to do with her horoscope? She is a TAURUS and it has the stubborn character.

I distracted this little missy to the study room while I expressed milk into bottles and at the same time my mum made my little prince sleep. Hubby was in the study room as well. Little missy played around in the room and made hubby's precious toys dropped onto the floor. He blew off his top and took the cane out to discipline her. I agree with the statement of "Spare the rod or Spoil the child".

What we want from her is just a word "SORRY" and she refused to say it making hubby even more angry. Hb said he wouldn't let her out if she dun say it and she was being caned so many times yet she still refused to say sorry. How stubborn she is. She wanted me to 'save' her but I know I couldn't do that else will spoil our own 'disciplining system'. Hb asked me to get out the room and she was left alone with him. I heard her crying pitifully and my heart hurts. I know hubby's heart hurts too. I heard her coughed badly as she hasn't fully recover from flu and cough. Moreover she has just vomited out her lunch cum phlegm earlier. The room was silent for a while and I went in with her water bottle. Hubby was carrying her and I asked her to drink water then carried her out to the living room.

I asked hubby after making her sleep and he told me she didn't say "Sorry". Both of us were feeling puzzled why a child can be so stubborn. Just a word "sorry" and can spare her from caning, yet she still refused to say it. We were really worried we might not be able to tame her in the future and be a good parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...