01 November 2007

"Drug" Rehabilation Center


One drawback of exclusive breastfeeding is "Nipple/Teats Confusion". I also dunno why both my kids have this symptom.

Wenz is lousy at suckling the bottle and direct latching. After she mastered the skill of latching, she rejected bottle totally and can even go on hunger strike if I refused to latch her.

Denz is a pro at suckling as well as latching. I dun even need to train him in latching and he can do it automatically. Most of the time he will be nursed till he sleep at night since nightfall is his fussiest time. I enjoy bfg both my kids but when it comes to rejecting bottle, it will be a big headache for all caregivers in the house. Denz is in the 'drug rehab center' now meaning there will not be latching anymore. It's kinda of cruel to see him yearning to be latched-on but this is for the good of everyone. Latching requires lotsa time. By doing away with it, at least I have more free time to attend to important things while hb or mum feed can him thru bottle. We have no choice as he has already started to show fussiness in bottle-feeding. No one can feed him by bottle except my mum cos my mum actually position him in such a way that he will feel as if being latched-on but actually he was fed by bottle. This is tricky, isn't it??

Hopefully he can kick off the 'latching habit' soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dun be stress, this is pretty normal. I'm sure Denzel will be out of latching soon.

    My boy is okay with both teat and nipple but my gal is the fussy one and I really had a hard time sourcing for one suitable teat that she fuss the least over bottle feeding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,

    Phew!! Denz is out of latching liao. It's much easier for all cargivers to feed him milk now. Thanks for the advice!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...