16 September 2005

Baby Signing



Found out something new to bond with my little Wen. I have read this on the newspaper during my break time at work. It is called baby signing! It was stated that babies could be taught how to sign their demands to their caregivers. Babies who know signing will be a happier baby as her demands are met, thus lesser tantrums and frustrations as they can talk by hands. This will also improve their words recognition and bring forward their onset of speech.

After reading the paper, I've decided to call the vendor. The program is simple & consists of 3 dvds. The person in-charge said that simply need to play the DVDs one at a time over a period of 1 week to baby. Babies are smart creatures, they are able to pick up the signs from the video played and soon you will be able to expect a first sign from her.

But of course, we must reinforce it by signing to baby as well. The best time to start for babies is between 6 to 8 months. Needless to say, a kiasu mother like me will definitely buy the 3 dvds for Wen though she is only 4 months plus now. I'm busy picking up the signs too! I din know Sign Language is also an interesting language. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...