30 April 2005

The birth story of Wenzel

I woke up 7.20am on this day thinking to pan-fry some pratas for breakfast and put the dirty laundry into the machine. I even thought of vacuuming the floor but hubby was still sleeping so I thought I could do it later. There wasn't any sign and sypmtom indicating I will go into labour today. Luckily hubby was off for the day!!

I went back to bed cos I was too lazy to do anything at that moment and at 7.25am, I felt a 'twitch' and water gushed out. I knew right away my waterbag has burst. I woke hubby up and told him we have to go hospital right away. Guess what??? He asked me "Can still wait anot"?? I told him firmly "NO" cos I have time the contraction and it's every 5 mins. I asked him to make me hot milo and boil one egg (home recipe). I managed to gulp down the glass of milo and packed my egg while we walked down to flag for cab.

Luckily managed to get a cab and I ate the egg in the cab. We reached hospital at around 8am. I was wheelchaired to the delivery suite which I dun think there was a need as I could still walk. Did all the necessary things like clear bowel, get changed and all funny additional strapped onto me.

The pain was undescribable and I had a light dose of Pethidin plus the smelly gas for pain relieve. It's of no help at all. I was exhausted enduring all the pain and hubby cracked lame jokes which I had no strength to scold him. I noe he meant well but the usual me would have told him off. I asked the nurse how long do I have to wait before the actual labour set in as the contraction was really unbearable at that moment. She told me at least 6 to 8 hours for 1st birth. I was thinking in my heart "TMD, so damn bloody long". Okay fine, I endured!! However, at 10.30am I oredi got urge to push but I din dare to ask the nurse to come in. Luckily she came in to check on me and I told her my urge. She checked and found that I was almost fully dilated. Phew!!! Some pushing and leg cramps in the process and baby arrives safely.

I was emotionless and went into blank after the delivery. I dun feel extremely happy about the newborn, but with sense of relieved everything is fine. It doesn't look like in TV. I only know I was exhausted and extremely hungry. I want food and rest. Was sooo tired but couldn't sleep cos I think I have breath in too much smelly gas to keep awake oredi.

Whatever it is, I wanna thank god for this new bundle of joy and her blessing in my smooth pregnancy journey and recovery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...