24 March 2012

Demise of a Close Friend to the Family


Sadness filled me today and I'm certain that it's even more heartbreaking for Ye Ye and Nai Nai. I could literally hear the sobbing of mum on the phone when she broke the bad news to me. It came too sudden  to hear that my parents' best and closest friend had left us due to heart-attack this afternoon. They were supposed to meet up for dinner the very evening but never have the chance again.

Uncle Black had been best of friend with my parents even before the time I was born. My parents once told me they knew Uncle Black and his wife when the couples solemnized on the same day during a mass wedding event. This strong friendship had fostered since then. Uncle Black and his wife had offered their assistance to our family on numerous occasions and during difficult times and my parents to Uncle Black likewise. My dad often told that in life, you don't need to have many friends but a few good trustworthy friends are enough. These are words of wisdom and I have always live by the teaching of my dad.

We will always remember Uncle Black as a sincere friend, a great father of four and for his sense of humour... Farewell... 

By Papa

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...